Hi! I'm Mhalyn and I'm just an ordinary girl with and extraordinary GOD!
GOD. Photography. Travel. Weddings. Proposals. Vintage. Pastels. Pinks. Nature. Beach. Animals. Pets. Love. Hearts. I heart them all, but above all else, I LOVE MY GOD!
In my own opinion, there is no discrimination in the #idolfinale.
As a Pinoy, I wanted Jessica to win and I do believe that she is a great singer. No doubt that she can hit the highest note and sing like the other legendary divas. But on the other hand, Phillip Phillips is a very talented musician-song writer. A distinct voice as the judges would say. An incredible artist per se.
A Pinoy friend of mine from Canada, said this to me, when I said that US discriminates Jessica when she got eliminated before. He said, “There is no discrimination, because they vote for the one that they want and have a talent that they believe in.”
He also said that, most Pinoys are rooting for Jessica to win the American Idol PRIMARILY because she’s a half-Filipino. And asked me, “So now, who is discriminating?”.
After giving me that perspective, I thought about it and totally agree with him. We wanted Jessica to get the title because she’s one of us, her talent is only the second reason why most of Pinoys wanted her to win.
I watched the whole American Idol Season 11 and this batch definitely is the best batch so far! All of them are the best of the best! This is the only season that every week I don’t know who will be eliminated and I don’t want anyone of them to leave, because they are so great! Everyone deserves to get the title.
But since Jessica was a half-blood Filipino and indeed a top calibre singer, Pinoys were so blinded of what other contestants can do. We focus too much on her and didn’t give other contestants the attention for a better judgement of their talent. In my opinion, we were being bias and unaffair to other contestants that are as talented as Jessica is. Wasn’t it a discrimination already?
And for the record, I wanted and I hoped for Jessica to win the title. But I believe that Phillip Phillips fought fairly in the competition, showing how great artist-musician he is and he deserves the title.
Being the American Idol or a singer doesn’t only have to be the one who can hit the high notes and sings like a diva, there are other factors to consider. For me, the American Idol or anyone who joins any singing competition like this, should have not just the voice, but the heart for music; not just love but passion for music; not just hitting the high notes and copy the legendary music icons, but making and showing her/his own style and being who she/he is.
Being an American Idol or someone who wants to win the title on a singing competition, it should be someone who has individuality and uniqueness, not a copy cat or a clone of the legends. Because if you want to penetrate and get notice in the music industry, you have to offer something new, fresh and different to the listeners. Something they haven’t heard before.
I am not saying that Jessica doesn’t have all these, but in the whole season, only Phillip was able to show America all of these. He sang as Phillip Phillips, as himself. He showed them a new breed of an artist-singer. Since day one, he knows who he is and what music he wants to show America. He was criticised and mentored by the same judges and mentor as the other contestants, but at the end of the day, he is still who he is. He didn’t compromise his style and originality. If the mentor and judges says he needs to do these and that, but he thinks that isn’t him anymore, then he didn’t do it.
PASSION + INDIVIDUALITY + UNIQUENESS + CREATIVITY + ARTISTRY = AMERICAN IDOL = PHILLIP PHILLIPS
- carpediempatty reblogged this from myphotographics
- iamdang likes this
- jade27-awkward-and-proud likes this
- jade27-awkward-and-proud reblogged this from mhalynlovesbubbles
- essenceofchange likes this
- johndapperalta likes this
- rayllah likes this
- at-the-speed-of-light likes this
- healinghopya likes this
- karendaphne reblogged this from mhalynlovesbubbles and added:
- nocturnalinsomniac reblogged this from idontgivea-shhh
- thislittlewonderland reblogged this from mhalynlovesbubbles
- stealmywords likes this
- jonerzz likes this
- starrific likes this
- goldymeir reblogged this from idontgivea-shhh
- theworldaccordingtorussy reblogged this from mhalynlovesbubbles
- lxxxvi likes this
- suchalazybum likes this
- suavestefani likes this
- kerosenegasohol likes this
- myphotographics reblogged this from mhalynlovesbubbles and added:
- ofcrossesandcircles likes this
- gegeline likes this
- crowfeet likes this
- va-gino likes this
- sonotakpopfangirl likes this
- myphotographics likes this
- idontgivea-shhh reblogged this from mhalynlovesbubbles and added:
- bluedipper reblogged this from mhalynlovesbubbles
- bluedipper likes this
- sweetest-downfalls reblogged this from mhalynlovesbubbles
- sikat-na-sikat-ang-pinoy likes this
- pensofbacon reblogged this from mhalynlovesbubbles
- pensofbacon likes this
- lemmewhisperinyaear likes this
- fearlessfeats likes this
- eighteenislove4ever likes this
- carlalalaly likes this
- c1eeeor likes this
- mhalynlovesbubbles posted this